The Martial Eagle is the largest eagle in Africa. It swoops down on its prey from high up in the sky, often killing its target in one blow with its massive talons and muscle mass. It reproduces every two years, raising only one chick at a time. So this sighting in the Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park was a rare and special one.
- © Notes from Africa southerncape.wordpress.com. See Copyright notice.
World Rhino Day – 22 Sept 2016
CLICK ON IMAGE TO LINK TO POST
- Golden Hour Bateleur October 8, 2015
- Looking back September 21, 2015
- Martial Eagle with chick September 16, 2015
- Lion Spotting September 1, 2015
- Gemsbok Sky August 27, 2015
- Postcards from Australia: Mooloolaba January 7, 2013
- Postcards from Australia: Melbourne January 4, 2013
- Postcards from Australia: Landscapes December 28, 2012
- Christmas Day Sunset December 26, 2012
- Postcards from Australia: Sydney December 23, 2011